[Help-gsl] gsl_matrix_fread problem

From: Fred J.
Subject: [Help-gsl] gsl_matrix_fread problem
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 04:20:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hello
I need some help here, after I tried to figure this
out for few hours, I give up.

#include "/usr/include/gsl/gsl_matrix.h"

int main() {

   gsl_matrix* m = gsl_matrix_alloc(6, 16);

   ifstream iF;
   iF.open("/home/sam/data/somefile.txt");
   gsl_matrix_fread(iF, m); //<---------error line
}

gives
error: invalid conversion from `void*' to `FILE*'

the help docs read:
 - Function: int gsl_matrix_fread (FILE * STREAM,
gsl_matrix * M) This function reads into the matrix M
from the open stream STREAM in binary format.  The
matrix M must be preallocated with the correct
dimensions since the function uses the size of M to
determine how many bytes to read.  The return value is
0 for success and `GSL_EFAILED' if there was a problem
reading from the file.  The data is assumed to have
been written in the native binary format on the same
architecture.

what is my problem?

thanks