Re: [Help-gsl] gsl: fwrite_source.c:64: ERROR: fread failed

From: Fred J.
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] gsl: fwrite_source.c:64: ERROR: fread failed
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 02:21:01 -0700 (PDT)

--- Joakim Hove <address@hidden> wrote:

> "Fred J." <address@hidden> writes:
>

> > ***************code***************
> > #include <cstdio>
> > #include "/usr/include/gsl/gsl_matrix.h"
> > #include "/usr/include/gsl/gsl_sf_bessel.h"
> >    {
> >       gsl_matrix * m = gsl_matrix_alloc(6, 18);
> >       FILE * iF = fopen( "/home/sam/data.file",
> "r" );
> >       gsl_matrix_fread(iF, m);
> >       fclose(iF);
> >    }
>
> Well,
>
> when debugging this code it would help immensely to
> see the code
> writing the matrix to file, i.e. you must have
> called
> gsl_matrix_fwrite() somewhere, possibly in another
> program.
>
> HTH - Joakim
>
> --

I see, well, I just wanted to read the text data saved
in the given file into a matric. now after going back
and reading the docs again, the first arg to the
gsl_matrix_fread needs to be an "open STREAM in binary
format", well, I have got another problem then. how
could I read the text space delimited text data into a
matric.

thanks