[Help-gsl] Segmentation fault with gsl_vector_alloc

From: notinh notien
Subject: [Help-gsl] Segmentation fault with gsl_vector_alloc
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 10:14:58 +0700

Could someone here tell me how wacky could this be? I was just trying to do this:

gsl_vector *x = gsl_vector_alloc(6);

I don't think I ran out of memory or have a memory leak because, there is not such thing as looping through an array/vector/list, accessing memory at all at this point

I ran gdb and here is the back traces:

int _int_malloc()
in malloc()
in gsl_vector_alloc(n = 20) at init_source.c:32
in setupFitting() at main.cpp:568

I am really really puzzled by this error.

I also have another question: I am calling this from C++ program and I found that there are a great deal of troubles when dealing with memory passing around of data structures and class objects to functions in gsl. Is these kind of errors common or it is just me?

Thank you for your help.