[Help-gsl] Solve a quartic equation ?

From: Maxime Boissonneault
Subject: [Help-gsl] Solve a quartic equation ?
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:59:07 -0400

Hello,
In the documentation, I read that polynomial equations can be solved exactly up to the fourth ordrer. However, I found nothing in GSL that allows this solution to be found, there are only the solutions up to third order.

Is there a way, other than an iterative process implying optimization, to solve the quartic equation with GSL ?

Thank you,

Maxime Boissonneault
address@hidden