Re: [Help-gsl] Extracting real/imag parts of complex vectors and matrice

From: James Bergstra
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Extracting real/imag parts of complex vectors and matrices
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 14:42:27 -0400

Vectors and matrices are two different structures...

You can get the real or imaginary part of a complex vector by playing
with the data and stride members:

gsl_vector_complex * c;
gsl_vector r;
gsl_vector i;

r.data = c.data;
r.stride = c.stride * 2;
i.data = c.data + 1;
i.stride = c.stride * 2;

i.size = r.size = c.size;

The matrix is a bit tougher, because the matrix structure depends on one
of the dimensions being stored contiguously in memory.  A complex matrix
interleaves the real and complex components, so you'll have to copy the
real/imaginary parts out into a normal gsl_matrix.

James