Re: [Help-gsl] where to put the libraries?

From: J.D. Yamokoski
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] where to put the libraries?
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:19:13 -0400 (EDT)

I had the same problem you are having now. I wanted to use the GSL in a Visual Studio project. Aside from mostly snide comments whenever anyone mentioned GSL and Windows, I did find some instructions for compiling the GSL on Windows. But as you have found out, the compiled libraries already exist out there.

Treat them like any other statically linked library. You just need the header files, and the lib and dll files. I also had to make one slight modification to gsl_types.h to get it to compile for me in my project. Otherwise it was pretty straight forward.

I have a .zip file I can send to you or anyone else who is interested that contains an ultra simple VS project. It also contains a Word doc detailing the steps I used to create a blank VS project to use GSL.

J.D.