[Help-gsl] using gsl_stats_skew_m_sd

From: Darryl Reeves
Subject: [Help-gsl] using gsl_stats_skew_m_sd
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:07:44 -0400

Hello,

I want to use the GSL to calculate some statistics in my program.  I
have the following function:

double calc_skewness(double vec[], int cnt, double avg, double stddev)
{
        return gsl_stats_skew_m_sd(vec, 1, cnt, avg, stddev);
}

If vec is my array of data, cnt is the number of elements in vec, avg
is precalculated mean of vec, and stddev is the precalculated standard
deviation of vec, am I calling gsl_stats_skew_m_sd correctly.  I am
concerned about the arguments "n" and "stride" in the prototype of
gsl_stats_skew_m_sd because they are of type size_t and because I am
not quite sure what the stride is actually referring to.  (I think it
refers to the way that the elements of vec are arranged in memory).
If anyone can help clear this up for me, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Darryl