Re: [Help-gsl] Data Visualization

From: James Bergstra
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Data Visualization
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 18:53:38 -0500

Thank you for your suggestions for how to use Gnuplot, they have been exactly
what I was hoping to learn!

<$0.02>

Now about the 3D geometry...

Your point that blas routines are sub-optimal for small matrices is well-taken.
Something you might consider is making functions with the same signatures as
gsl_blas_xxx functions.  You could consider making  inline-able implementations
for them that check the input size, and behave accordingly.  For small matrices,
the calculations could be done inline; for large matrices, the work could be
passed on to ATLAS.

</$0.02>

James