Re: [Help-gsl] Number of random numbers drawn from a RNG

From: Paul C. Leopardi
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Number of random numbers drawn from a RNG
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 19:41:28 +1100

Hi Markus,
This may be possible with a wrapper. You call the wrapper which counts the
number of times the genrator has been called, and resets to zero when the
generator is reseeded, etc.

Things brings up a topic I have been intending to write to the list about for
some time.

I've written a number of wrappers for GSL RNG and have also written some
wrappers for other generators to give them (almost) the GSL RNG API. The main
difference between my library routines and the GSL RNG API is that my
routines need a more complicated internal state than just a plain array.

I will elaborate in a separate thread rather than hijacking this one.
Best, Paul