Re:[Help-gsl] What is "XSTRIDE" in the least square fit functions?

From: Petr Ent
Subject: Re:[Help-gsl] What is "XSTRIDE" in the least square fit functions?
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 11:43:35 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,
I have worked with this functions for a while and I think this parameters are
"steps" in input/output arrays. With stride, you say for how many members you
should move before reading next value.

For example, if you want to fit only 1., 3., 5., ... member of input array, you
simply set its stride stride to 2. So if you want to fit each member of both
input/output arrays, set both xstride and ystride to 1, as it is in least
squares example

http://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/manual/html_node/Fitting-Examples.html

I hope this helps you
best regards