[Help-gsl] Integration in a long while loop

From: Sam M. Vinko
Subject: [Help-gsl] Integration in a long while loop
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 18:32:15 +0000

Hi,
I have noticed that using the gsl integration in a loop will work only a certain number of times. If I take an integral functional and try to integrate it in a loop (for a certain set of values of a parameter A - say from 1 to 1000) after some values are calculated (for example from A=1 to A=10) the error

gsl: qags.c:558: ERROR: roundoff error detected in the extrapolation table
Default GSL error handler invoked.
Abort trap

shows up. I thought that maybe the problem was with the integral for A = 10 or A = 11, but if I now start the same code at A = 10 I get all the numbers up to A = 20, and again the error. This makes me think this is a memory issue, so here is my question - is there any other way to clear out work space memory than with

gsl_integration_workspace_free ()

? Changing the size of workspace_alloc does not seem to do anything Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,
Sam