Re: [Norton AntiSpam] Re: [Help-gsl] Need help specifying build/host/tar

From: Michael G Soyka
Subject: Re: [Norton AntiSpam] Re: [Help-gsl] Need help specifying build/host/target to configure
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 20:41:55 -0400

Brian Gough wrote:
At Sat, 18 Oct 2008 11:09:20 -0400,
Michael G Soyka wrote:
Nonetheless, I'd still like to do this right way, as God and Gnu intended. I also will need to do this for a vxWorks system and so any suggestions or insights anyone may have will be welcomed.

Could you send the complete configure output and config.log file to
address@hidden
It should be sufficient to specify ./configure --host=ppc-ibm-mcos CC=.. LD=..
It shouldn't be necessary for the host to be known, as long as the
compiler, linker and other tools are found correctly via the CC, LD,
etc settings.

Brian,

I knew you were going to ask for this. Unfortunately, I don't believe that it is even remotely possible for me to do that, but I will see what can be done.

Since my original post, I have tried your suggestion. The config.guess script knows nothing about "MCOS" and so configure halts. It would appear that I need to extend config.guess to handle this new OS/kernel but lack an understanding of how this information is used by configure. I've also downloaded the docs for autoconf as well as libtool so perhaps they can answer these (and the inevitable future) questions! One more item. My original post referenced version 1.8. I'm now working with 1.11 and am having the same problems.

Thanks for your help,

Mike