[Help-gsl] Gram series

From: T.H
Subject: [Help-gsl] Gram series
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 17:18:03 +0000

Hi there.

This is involving the the non-trivial zeroes of the Riemann zeta function
and the Gram series.  I am trying to compute an approximation of the prime
counting function using the gram series:

See here for details -
http://www.secamlocal.ex.ac.uk/people/staff/mrwatkin/zeta/encoding1.htm

So, this is what I want to do - http://mathbin.net/5767

Now, I plan on getting my C program to calculate the numbers for this, and
then getting gnuplot to plot it.  However, my C program is not working as it
should.  Of course, I cannot sum to infinity, so I have chopped it down to
100.  I think this will be sufficient.  I didn't want to bloat the message
with my program so I uploaded it to pastebin - http://pastebin.com/m7861d575
.

Basically, for those who have a good grasp of this, R_n(x) --> pi(x) as n-->
inf, so this program is trying to obtain pretty good estimates for different
values of n.   Now, my program isn't working, and I am not sure why.  I
cannot seem to spot what I have done wrong.

Sorry if this is an inappropriate place to post this.

Thanks,
Tom