Re: [Help-gsl] Where can find hyperlink enabled document in pdf

From: Hongzheng Wang
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Where can find hyperlink enabled document in pdf
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 23:21:05 +0800

Dear Bran Gough,

Frankly, I used a quite dirty solution to generate these pdf files.
That is, I first inserted `\nopagenumbers' and changed `\endinput' to
`\bye' for each *.tex files generated by randplots.gnp.  Then I texed
each of them, followed by `dvips', `ps2eps', and `epstopdf'
instructions.

To be specific,

step 1: modify `rand-gumbel.tex' so that it has the similar structures
with other files
command 1: sed -i -e '$ a\
\\endinput' rand-gumbel.tex

step 2: insert `\nopagenumbers' and chang `\endinput' to `\bye'
command 2: for i in `ls rand*.tex`; do sed -i -e '1 a\
\\nopagenumbers' -e '$s/\\endinput/\\bye/' $i; done

step 3: tex each file
command 3: for i in `ls rand*.tex`; do tex $i; done

step 4: dvips each file
command 4: for i in `ls rand*.dvi`; do dvips $i; done

step 5: ps2eps each file, so that the blank margins can be removed
command 5: for i in `ls rand*.ps`; do ps2eps $i; done

step 6: generate pdf files
command 6: for i in `ls rand*.ps`; do ps2eps $i; done

Now, we have all the pdf files needed, including random-walk.pdf.

I am not expert on TeX and gnuplot, so the method I used may be far
from optimal and looks dirty, and more importantly, error-prone.  Any
improvements are welcome.

--
HZ