[Help-gsl] Re: Random number generation

From: Rodney Sparapani
Subject: [Help-gsl] Re: Random number generation
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 16:10:12 -0500

Vibhuti Dave wrote:
Hello,

I have attached the code that I am using to generate random numbers that
have a Gaussian distribution with a mean value of 0.
Ideally, if I generate these numbers and sum them up, the sum should be very
close to 0 since it is a gaussian ditribution. I am using the function
gsl_ran_gaussian to generate them. However, the mean value seems to be way
off 0 when I run the program.
Any idea why that might be happening?
Thanks
Vibhuti