Re: [Help-gsl] Are there versions of the cdf functions that will take la

From: Brian Gough
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Are there versions of the cdf functions that will take larger input?
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 13:06:03 +0100

At Wed, 22 Jul 2009 08:12:26 -0500,
Matt 'Murph' Finnicum wrote:

> On a 32 bit system, unsigned int only goes to 4.29 billion. Something
> like unsigned long long would be able to use much larger values of n.
>
> Looking at the code, at least in that case, it seems i can just
> substitute the new type and it should probably work. I'll try it out.

Yes that should work in most cases. At the time the original routines
were written, 'long long' was not widely supported enough to use in a
portable way.  Using double is an alternative (which is exact for
integers up to ~10^16).  It's something I keep in mind for future
versions.

--
Brian Gough
(GSL Maintainer)