[Help-gsl] problem with ode example

From: gottstew
Subject: [Help-gsl] problem with ode example
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 13:15:46 +0200

Dear Sir or Madam,

I'm pretty new to C/C++ and have a question about the ode example you
provide
(http://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/manual/html_node/ODE-Example-programs.html).

I copied that example (saved as test_ode.c) and it compiled properly
(using "gcc -Wall -c test_ode.c") and I got the test_ode.o file as
expected.
After that I typed " gcc -L/usr/local/lib test_ode.o -lgsl -lgslcblas" but
nothing happened i.e. I didn't get any output but only a blank command
line (so not even an error message appeared). I do not understand why
because I expect that line "printf ("%.5e %.5e %.5e\n", t, y[0], y[1]);"
to print something.

Could you please help me with that? Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Willi