[Help-gsl] IEEE environment variable under Windows

From: Chao Ding
Subject: [Help-gsl] IEEE environment variable under Windows
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 00:13:39 -0400

Hi there,

I have two related questions here.

I am using GSL in Visual C++ 2008 Express under Windows and receive
underflow error handler message. From google, I think the right way to
get rid of it is to set GSL_IEEE_MODE = "mask-underflow", am I right?

Assume I am right about the way to get rid of the underflow message,
the second problem is that, although I followed the instruction in
Chapter 41 in the manual to set the IEEE environment variable
GSL_IEEE_MODE, but I did not figure out the correct format. I guess it
is a stupid format question but I do not know how. Here is my code:
#include <gsl/gsl_ieee_utils.h>

void main{
   GSL_IEEE_MODE = "mask-underflow, double-precision, mask-denormalized";
   gsl_ieee_env_setup();
}
which returns the error message that " 'GSL_IEEE_MODE' : undeclared
identifier" at Building Solution.

Does anyone how to solve the problem? Thanks a lot!

Chao