Re: [Help-gsl] HELP Please - Example of gsl_bspline_knots

From: Patrick Alken
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] HELP Please - Example of gsl_bspline_knots
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 15:46:26 -0600

Hi, if I understand your problem correctly, you should be able to use uniform knots. Non-uniform knots are useful when you have data that is not spread uniformly in your interval, for example if you have some x values clustered closely together, then a large gap of no x data, then another cluster, etc.

If your x data is spread somewhat nicely in your interval, just use uniform knots and the given example program should work for you if you just replace the input data with your own.

If your data is not very uniform and you have gaps in the data, then you should use non-uniform knots. Let me know if this is the case for you and I can provide further assistance.

Patrick