Re: [Help-gsl] Multiset Functionality

From: Alejandro Cámara Iglesias
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Multiset Functionality
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 00:04:24 +0200

Hi Benjamin,

Welcome to the list!

If I were you I'd go for the compilation solution-- that is, get the GSL
source and compile it yourself. That way you can get the latest stable code.

Since you are using Ubuntu (right?) you can install build-essential (which I
think you already have), download the source of GSL from the project page,
and follow the instructions in the INSTALL or README file. Basically it will
tell you to configure the building process (./configure
--prefix=/where/you/want/it/to/be/installed) to make it (make) and to
install it in the prefix path (make install).

Notice that if you install this in a different prefix than /usr (which is
encouraged) you will have to include the libraries and includes path to your
compilation command (gcc -I/prefix/path/include -L/prefix/path/lib
mysource.c).

I have performed that operation on a Mac and a desktop PC and it works like
a charm. I hope you find it useful :-)

Good luck!

*Alejandro Cámara*
PhD Student at the GICO <http://www.ucm.es/info/giboucm/>