Re: [Help-gsl] svd

From: Maxime Boissonneault
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] svd
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 08:27:58 -0500

Hi Philippe,
If the matrix is dense, LAPACK is your best bet. I am not sure it allows to compute only a few singular values though. You can also check ARPACK, which definitely allows you to compute only one or a few singular values, but works on sparse matrices (maybe also on dense, but I've only ever used it for sparse ones).

Best,

Maxime Boissonneault