[Help-gsl] gsl-1.15 on windows using dev-C++ and MinGW

From: Analabha Roy
Subject: [Help-gsl] gsl-1.15 on windows using dev-C++ and MinGW
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 22:10:53 +0530

Hi all,

In case anyone is interested, I have managed to compile the latest gsl-1.15
on windows 7 using MinGW and installed it to "C:\GSL-1.15". I have also
created a project file for dev-c++ (http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html)
that can be used to access the gsl libraries via the IDE itself, making gsl
coding on windows simpler. Although this has been done before (
http://devpaks.org/details.php?devpak=91), it was for an older version of
gsl and has not been updated since.

I have tested the libraries in Windows Vista and 7 (32-bit OS). The testing
was cursory. I just ran these example proggies (
http://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/manual/html_node/Eigenvalue-and-Eigenvector-Examples.html

http://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/manual/html_node/Numerical-integration-examples.html

http://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/manual/html_node/Random-Number-Distribution-Examples.html

) and they dumped out the expected results.

The detailed step by step procedure I followed for compilation and
installation (together with the binaries and the dev-cpp project file) are
posted on my website:
http://www.ph.utexas.edu/~daneel/GSL_devcpp.html

In case someone needs to run gsl on windows, it would be cool if they tried
these out and posted their results here. If there are any hidden issues
that I haven't considered, then commentary is invited.

Thanks and Regards,

--
---
*Analabha Roy*