Re: help

From: maxgacode
Subject: Re: help
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 01:07:47 +0100

Il 27/03/2020 22:28, Simone Landini ha scritto:

I downloaded GSL and installed it but it doesn't work on my Windows 10

Unfortunately "doesn't work" is not an useful description of the issue.
Obviously your program  "doesn't work" otherwise you wasn't asking for help

both with DevC++ and Code::Blocks but I failed: here is my code: I selected a C-project

There is no source code in your email!

I think I did something wrong as an 'undefined reference' error is returned: would please help me with a correct step-by-step installation procedure?

So my guessing is that you are observing a linking problem at the end of compilation. The issue is "easily" observed if you are not specifying the right library (and its location) to the linker.

I'm using GSL in a Windows environment (WIN 7 and WIN 10) but I'm using the MinGW-64 compiler. In this case the instructions are

./configure
 make
 make check
 make install

My guess is that you are not using MinGW!

Maybe you are using a Microsoft Compiler. Or you are using a pre-compiled library. In the latter case simply specify library name and path to the linke. How to do that depends on compiler. Which one are you using?

Thank you from Italy.

Simone

Hope this helps

Massimo (from Italy as well)