Re: Deleting services from %desktop-services in operating system declara

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Deleting services from %desktop-services in operating system declaration
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 00:24:30 +0100

address@hidden skribis:

> I have trouble getting the syntax right to delete avahi and wicd from
> my config.scm.

The correct syntax would be:

  (operating-system
    ;; …
    (services (remove (lambda (service)
                        (or (eq? (service-kind service)
                                 wicd-service-type)
                            (eq? (service-kind service)
                                 avahi-service-type)))
                      %desktop-services)))

As David notes, ‘%desktop-services’ is a list of service objects.  To
remove elements from a list, the right procedure is ‘remove’ (info
"(guile) SRFI-1 Filtering and Partitioning").

> The manual does not yet have examples of how to delete one or more
> entries from the %base-services or other lists.

I’ve added this example in commit 5d94ac5.

HTH!

Ludo’.