How to back out of an root emacs install

From: myglc2
Subject: How to back out of an root emacs install
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 23:06:22 -0500

Hi guix users...

I installed guixSD on a headless server by cloning bare-bones.scm into
/etc/config.scm. Then I tried typing ...

emacs

... and ... duh ... no dice.

FWIW, I was expecting emacs to be in %base-packages.

Anyway... next I  did ...

  guix -i emacs

... as root.

Now I want to edit /etc/config.scm and add emacs and maybe other cool
stuff I just read about in the guix INFO.

Can I do that from my root emacs install?

Or do I have to uninstall emacs and use zile to edit config.scm?

Or is there another way, grasshopper?

Also, is the keymap that I hacked and stored in /root safe, or might it
disappear if I roll back or uninstall?

Thanks! - george