Re: vpnc

From: rennes
Subject: Re: vpnc
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 22:01:27 -0600

On 2016-02-22 21:38, Leo Famulari wrote:
On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 08:31:34PM -0600, address@hidden wrote:
Hi guix,

i am trying vpnc(vpn client), when i launch the command creates the daemon
but not the interface or link and displays the message:

Command:
 sudo vpnc myvpn.conf

Message:
 sh: /etc/vpnc/vpnc-script: No such file or directory
 sh: /etc/vpnc/vpnc-script: No such file or directory
 VPNC started in background (pid: 1765)...

looking for on the net and as a workaround I followed the steps, and Works!:

a) Download the script from http://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/vpnc-scripts.git/blob_plain/HEAD:/vpnc-script
b) Copy to /etc/vpnc
c) Set execute permission(chmod 777 vpnc-script)

Is it normal to set the permissions to 777? I'm not familiar with this
program but that seems too open to me.

Thanks

You're right, with 500 works and is safer. Thanks.