Re: run the daemon

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: run the daemon
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 01:16:58 +0200

Leo,

On Fri, Apr 08, 2016 at 11:25:18PM +0200, Catonano wrote:

Thanks for trying!

> The point no. 5 says: "Run the daemon [...]"
>
> Which daemon ?

If you followed steps 1 through 4, you will have created a symlink to root's
guix-profile in root's home directory.

Accordingly, you can start the daemon like this, as described in step 5:

# ~root/.guix-profile/bin/guix-daemon --build-users-group=guixbuild

Does that work?

If not, can you double-check that '~root/.guix-profile' exists and
points to the correct place? You should be able to do something like
this:

Thank you so much, Leo, I had just misread the instructions, sorry for the fuss.

By the way, since guix-daemon is a daemon, it will block and appear to
do nothing when you start it. Just mentioning this since some users have
been confused the daemon's behavior.

Thanks for your good sense. In fact I would have been confused by such behaviour !