guix installed Emacs

From: Catonano
Subject: guix installed Emacs
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 00:48:57 +0200

I installed Emacs with guix.

But the experience provided by the guix provided Emacs is not on par with the one provided by the Fedora host rpovided Emacs

The menus and the buttons are slightly different but most important is the minibuffer: It's a bit too small and hard to read.

Also the color in the guix provided Emacs is less bright

Because it's difficult to explain in words, I made a small screencast showing the difference

The Emacs on the left side of the monitor is the Fedora one. The Emacs on the right side is the guix one.

The audio is brutally cut, I'm sorry, I made my best with the screencast

Why are they different ? They share the same .emacs.d folder.

There must be something in the underneath X related libraries.

Could anything be done to improve the experience of the guix provided Emacs ?

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSr6Rs6R1a4&feature=youtu.be