Re: Switching to GuixSD - some packages missing for me

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Switching to GuixSD - some packages missing for me
Date: Sat, 07 May 2016 09:31:49 +0200

Divan Santana <address@hidden> writes:

> 1) virt-manager - Since I may rely on a few VMs more as GuixSD has
> limited packages for now. Unless there is another easy way to run VMs?
> I'm not too familar with using qemu directly...

virt-manager is on my list of packages, but I haven’t yet found the time
to make it happen.  Hopefully soon.

> For the most part is seems almost all the essentials for me are there.
>
> Excited to see the progress with the distro. Wish you all the best of
> luck and hope one day in the future to get involved - can't at the moment.

I encourage you to play with Guix.  Packaging is really quite simple in
most cases.  Certainly not more complicated than writing PKGBUILD files.

Note that you can also run Guix as a package manager on top of your
current GNU system.

~~ Ricardo