Re: Question about nix

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Question about nix
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 22:46:46 +0200

"Matthew Jordan" <address@hidden> skribis:

> I'm wondering if anyone has any infomation on running Nix on
> guixSD. Perhaps in guix oriented way using the "config.scm" (guix system
> reconfigure).
>
> I'm also curious as to whereter guix and nix can share "/gnu/store" or do
> they need to run with their own stores?

In theory, they can share the same store and the same daemon.

In practice though, you’ll find that you cannot use substitutes for Guix
if you use a store other than “/gnu/store”, and vice versa.

Anyway, the most profitable option from a Guix perspective is if we
could tweak you into helping out Efraim finish the Go package.  :-)

Thanks,
Ludo’.