Re: cleaning the store

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: cleaning the store
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 20:16:59 +0200

Leo,

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 06:36:39PM +0200, Catonano wrote:
> I erased ALL the prevoius generations and still there are some elements
> that "guix gc -d ..." cannot eliminate from the store because they turn out
> to be "still alive"
>
> Of course emacs-cider is not installed in the current generation
>
> I don't understand.
>
> Is there a way to let guix tell me what is still pointing to those ?

They are referred to by a profile. You can see the full list of your
user's profiles with `guix package --list-generations`. Other users will
have their own profiles.

You can learn more about how to work with these profiles with `guix
package --help` and also in the manual, 3.2 Invoking guix package.

Thank you

There are only 2 profiles on this machine: mine and root's profile

As for mine, I eliminated ALL previous generations and emacs-cider is not installed in the current one

As for root's profile:

$ guix package -p root --list-installed

returns nothing

and
$ guix package -p root --list-generations
guix package: error: profile 'root' does not exist

So which profile is pointing to those things ?