Re: 'guix system vm' questions

From: myglc2
Subject: Re: 'guix system vm' questions
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2016 16:15:17 -0400

Leo Famulari <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 10:10:35AM -0400, Thompson, David wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 2:57 AM, myglc2 <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > I have a headless server running Guix/Debian 8.3 on which I would like
>> > to run some guix vms. So far, I have a script (see mkvm.sh, attached)
>> > that runs a single vm. It has some issues:
>> >
>> > 1) lsh-service hangs waiting for keystrokes on the QEMU console
>>
>> LSH needs to be initialized with a key on first boot, which is why you
>> need to type to create entropy.  This sucks for automation, so I would
>> recommend OpenSSH instead, but we don't have an openssh-service yet.
>
> In your operating system configuration, you can pass 'initialize? #f' to
> lsh-service to skip the SSH seed and host-key initialization. You will
> need to initialize the LSH service later, before you can use it.

I tried that and ... lsh spun looking for a seed file advising me to run
'lsh-make-seed', and then stopped.

'lsh-make-seed' was not available.

Maybe this is a bug?

What I saw on the VM:

### lsh spins and stops showing
[...]
Respawning ssh-daemon.
Service SSH-daemeon has started.
No seed file. Please create on by running
lwh-make-seed -o "/var/spool/lsh/yarrow-seed-file".
lshd: No rendomness generator available.
Service ssh-daemon has been disabled.
  (Respawning too fast.)

### lsh-make-seed seems to be missing
v1 login: root
address@hidden ~# lsh-make-seed
-bash: lsh-make-seed: command not found

guix version:

Note: running from git checkout
  File: ‘/home/g1/.config/guix/latest’ -> ‘../../dev/guix’
* master                                  242ad41 download: Use basic
authentication when userinfo is present in URI.

test script: attached below