Re: 'guix system vm' questions

From: David Craven
Subject: Re: 'guix system vm' questions
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 18:26:13 +0200

> ... I don't follow this. Are you referring to the posts above?

The idea was that replacing /dev/random with /dev/hwrng would do the trick,

https://git.lysator.liu.se/lsh/lsh/blob/master/src/lsh-make-seed.c#L237

but I haven't actually tested it.

I didn't get lsh to work with rngd-service because of the rngd-service
would have to load before the lsh-activation-service, which is not the
case. I there isn't enough entropy in /dev/random it starts it's
lsh-make-seed script which doesn't query /dev/random anymore. This
means that entropy added too late is like no entropy added at all.

There is dropbear-service waiting for review, which works without
rngd-service. If you find test the patch from guix-devel you have to
replace the -net user flag in vm.scm with -net
user,hostfwd=tcp::10022-:22. Just adding it after didn't work. I'll
submit a patch soon to fix that, by using environment variables, so
you can just source qemu-flags.sh.

Cheers
David