Re: gccgo package does not include gccgo binary

From: Matthew Jordan
Subject: Re: gccgo package does not include gccgo binary
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2016 18:09:49 -0400

Good Day Alex and everyone,

> It seems the gccgo package does not come with the gccgo binary. Is there
> something I am missing here? I am installing the output 'out'.

For gccgo-4.x and older releases there is no "go command".  Gccgo 4.x
and older are library implementations of the various versions of the
"The Go Programming Language Specification".

However as of gccgo 5.x this has changed. For gccgo 5.x the "gccgo"
command serves as a CLI interface to the library.

I hope this clarifies things, also see the links below for more
information.