Re: Newbie packagers

From: Vincent Legoll
Subject: Re: Newbie packagers
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 20:04:36 +0200

> I'll go read it and see what I find missing

quick ideas:

1 - the concept index has those: ! # ( . / maybe add ` ' , ,@ with
their aliases / long names alongside (quote, quasiquote, unquote,
unquote-splicing)

2 - they are well hidden in :

The Guile Reference Manual
API Reference
Reading and Evaluating Scheme Code
Scheme Syntax: Standard and Guile Extensions
Expression Syntax

That's far away, and the title don't help find them...

In the mean time I did a search "guile scheme quote", and indeed the
right doc page is there (16th on duckduckgo), and google is way
better (1st place)...

I forgot that sometimes google gives better answers than ddg...

3 - I'd add the following to (unquote-splicing expr):

`(1 ,x 4)  ⇒ (1 (2 3) 4)

to better demonstrate the effect of splicing

and to (unquote expr) :

`(1 2 (* 9 9) 3 4)      ⇒ (1 2 (* 9 9) 3 4)

--
Vincent Legoll