Re: installing libraries

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: installing libraries
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 21:18:47 +0200

Vincent,

On 2016-07-22 14:36, Vincent Legoll wrote:
I'm trying to do a kernel "make menuconfig", so I have to install some packages,
make, gcc, binutils, ncurses, glibc, linux-libre-headers...

but ncurses despite being installed, is not picked up...
address@hidden ~/tmp/build-linux$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LIBRARY_PATH
will make it work...

I've no experience with forcing LD_LIBRARY_PATH manually like that,
but it smells fishy.

Is that the "right" way to do it ?

This is how I do it, so it must be the one true way:

$ guix environment linux-libre --ad-hoc ncurses ... -- make ...
(or drop the ‘-- ...’ for an interactive build shell)

That will set LIBRARY_PATH (and everything else) up for you.

Kind regards,

T G-R

--
Sent from a web browser. Excuse my brevity.