Re: is it me ?

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: is it me ?
Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 19:37:30 +0200

Catonano (2017-05-01 13:11 +0200) wrote:

> Recently I've been suggested to look at the definition o scmutils as
> a reference
>
> I made a really short screencast about how a a procedure in there is
> not browsable with geiser.

As myglc2 noted "make-img" is just a variable defined in that "let*".
It is not some Guix procedure, it's a local variable that has a string
value (which is "echo ...").

yes, I see that now :-/
That's wat Geiser was trying to tell me proposing some info about te let* form

I don't know what I can say.
My outlook was so narrowed that I didn't realize that "(make-img..." was NOT a procedure call.

Raising the look at the previous line would have been enough :-/

I sincerely apologize for the fuss

OTOH, there is some build-side code as Ludovic mentioned that can be
browsable with Geiser.  For example, to be able to “edit”
‘with-directory-excursion’ thing, at first you need to evaluate
‘,use (guix build utils)’ in the REPL.

Good to know, thanks

BTW there is a quicker way to move to a package definition from a "Guix
Packages" buffer – you can simply press "e" key there.  Also you may use
"M-x guix-edit" command (press TAB there to complete a package name).

Yes, I know "guix edit"

I preferred the other way because I wanted to be sure a repl was available.
I had also prepared to show off C-c C-a but it slipped out of my mind when recording

I didn't know about the "e" key, though. Thanks

Ludo, as an excercise I could try to convert that package to using gexps, but as for instructing Geiser about how to deal with gexps, I wouldn't know where to start from

I don't know what exactly the chatter between Geiser and the Guile REPL is made of

Thank you all.