Re: Unable to upgrade packages

From: Niall Dooley
Subject: Re: Unable to upgrade packages
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 20:05:52 +0100

Putting this back on the list as I mistakenly only hit reply in my last mail. I
hope this okay.

On 14 May 2017 at 17:42, Leo Famulari <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 05:15:03PM +0100, Niall Dooley wrote:
>> Hi Leo,
>>
>> Attached is the output when I try to run 'guix pull'. You'll see there
>> is a 404 response.
>> Thanks for your time.
>
> This substitute still returns 404 (checked with wget), so there are two
>
> guix pull --fallback (requires a recent Guix)
>
> guix build --fallback
> /gnu/store/db91i1ahr08b9n7hcjj2mmr4a1648ggz-guix-latest.drv
>
> I picked that derivation file out of your log after "The following
> derivations will be built:".
>
> In either case, you'll build the missing package from source.
>
> I hope that helps!

So as I'm running Guix 20170414.08 I don't believe I have a recent enough
version for option 1. In any case, option 2 is still unsuccessful for
me too though
I didn't record the output on this occasion. I suspect at this point I
did something wrong
in my use of Guix. Is there a way to cleanly remove and re-install
Guix. I don't mind as I
only have a handful of packages installed. I raised this query on a
separate thread as well
so apologies for the noise particularly if this is not best practice
on a mailing list.

Thanks as always for your time.

Niall