Re: Grub installation failed during the GuixSD's installation

From: Iván Hernández Cazorla
Subject: Re: Grub installation failed during the GuixSD's installation
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 21:56:25 +0100

Hello Iván,

Iván Hernández Cazorla <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I init the process to install GuixSD, everything seems to be correct
> during the process. But at the end it shows an error that says that
> was impossible to install the grub. I understand that GuixSD was
> installed correctly, but the grub not.
>
> When I switch on the laptop I didn't see any grub to init GuixSD.
>
> I don't remember the code nor the text of the error.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Regards, Iván

This is a good example how to setup GuixSD on UEFI system
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/system/examples/lightweight-desktop.tmpl

Before I thanked to Ludovic for its answer, but when I am in the smartphone and I reply to a list, sometimes I reply to the user and not the list, silly mistakes hehe. What I replyed to Ludovic was:
Hi Ludovic!
Thank you for your answer. If am not wrong, yes, I installed in a UEFI machine. I use the configuration file copied as in the instructions of GuixSD said.

I have thought that the problem could be related with the partition for boot, maybe I did something wrong in that step.

Now I don't get any error, simply I can't access. Thia afternoon I am going to try again and if it happens again, I will write the error to share with you.

Regards, Iván

Hi Oleg, thank you for your answer. The configuration file that I use in the process of installation of GuixSD was the file desktop.scm in /etc/configuration. I copied that with (as here):
cp /etc/configuration/desktop.scm /mnt/etc/config.scm
I think that I made something wrong when I have to create the partition to the grub.
--
Iván Hernández Cazorla.
Estudiante del Grado de Historia en la Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.