Enable modules in Linux configuration.

From: Dmitry Nikolaev
Subject: Enable modules in Linux configuration.
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 22:33:00 +0300

Hi everybody.

I'm trying to set up GuixSD on Reiser4 file system. I've succeeded with patching and compiling Linux with Reiser4 patch, but I've found that reiser4 module is disabled by default. Everything I did was pointless 8-]

How do I enable Reiser4 module in Linux configuration? As far as I know I need to add "REISER4_FS=m" to .config after running "make defconfig", but before "make".

I've found an example of linux.scm with description how to build linux-libre with additional modules

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/drewc/guix/master/gnu/packages/linux.scm

But it looks too complex for me. Is there an easier way to enable additional modules in Linux configuration? Shouldn't I use "extra-options" in make-linux-libre function? How could I do that?

One more question for GuixSD maintainers: will you add linux-libre-reiser4, libaal and reiser4progs packages to main package repository if I'll send you patches?

Dmitry Nikolaev