Re: dev env again

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: dev env again
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2017 22:08:50 +0200

Hello Catonano,

Catonano <address@hidden> skribis:

> How do I learn about how to write new system tests ?

Documentation on this is sparse, to say, the least, but these pages may
help:

  https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/news/guixsd-system-tests.html

https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Running-the-Test-Suite.html
(bottom)

Then I suggest that you take a look at some of the tests in:

  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/tests/

> What I'd like to do is not that complicated
>
> I'm taking a look at the file tests/elpa.scm in order to understand how
> system tests are supposed to be written

Under tests/ you’ll find unit tests, not system tests.

HTH!

Ludo’.