Re: Best practices for Guix environment variables on foreign distro

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: Re: Best practices for Guix environment variables on foreign distro
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 09:24:43 -0300

I don't know if this is recommended, but I set all my variables inside
"${HOME}/.profile". Morever, the first thing I do in "${HOME}/.profile"
is to source my user's Guix profile --- `source
"${GUIX_PROFILE}/etc/profile"'.

The caveat is that every time GNU Guix changes my profile generation, I
have to log out and then back in --- no need to reboot --- for the
changes to take effect or for the variables to be re-instated, because
it seems that, after the changes made by GNU Guix, programs "forget"
some variables or other information.

--
- https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com