Re: Failed to connect to `/var/guix/daemon-socket/socket': Connection re

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: Failed to connect to `/var/guix/daemon-socket/socket': Connection refused
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 07:28:35 +0100

Hello,

I am running the Guix package manager on Ubuntu (17.10), but whenever I
try to do anything as a non-root user, I get an error:

failed to connect to `/var/guix/daemon-socket/socket': Connection
refused

I've tried this for every command listed in 'guix -h'
I can 'chmod -R 777 /var' or 'chmod -R 777 /gnu' but these seem to do
nothing.

I get the same "Connection refused" error both on using 'sudo' and with
using Guix as the root account. I can still run all of the programs I
installed via Guix, I just cannot use the package management utility
anymore.

I'm sorry to be a bother, but I've been a little frustrated with Guix
lately and I could not find a viable solution online.

that's why the help liist exists, no bother :-)

Sounds like your daemon is not running

Wold you mind to paste the otput of

ps -e | grep guix

In case it's not running, thhere's an excerpt in the manual about how to make it run

It's the step no. 5 in the "Binaty Installation" chapter

It's strange that your daemon is not running

Maybe you used the experimental script in order to install your guix ?

Anyway, paste te output of that line, then we'll see how to procede

Hope this hepls !
Ciao :-)

--
Thank you in advance. -Muto