Re: Package requests: Udisks helpers (udiskie, udevil)

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: Package requests: Udisks helpers (udiskie, udevil)
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 06:40:34 +0200

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't use Nautilus

What do you use?  If you are using another desktop environment besides
GNOME, and automatic mounting of removable storage devices does not
occur, perhaps it's a bug we need to fix.  (And maybe that bug is as
simple as adding the packages you mentioned.)

> Some udev rules might be enough though.

That could very well be true!  I don't know a lot about how the various
desktop environments like GNOME auto-mount removable storage devices,
but I'd be surprised if you couldn't whip something up with udev rules.

--
Chris