Re: Right way: define, build and install

From: Oleg Pykhalov
Subject: Re: Right way: define, build and install
Date: Wed, 02 May 2018 21:02:01 +0300

Hello Jone,

It was hard to get started for me, too.  But after several package
recipes with a help of Guix community in the mailing list it's easy.

Jone <address@hidden> writes:

> But I am ashamed! :)
>
> 1. xfce4-cpugraph-plugin.scm

[…]

First of all in ‘(use-modules …)’ you could only specify Guile modules.

After we fix parentheses, then there will an error about no existing
‘(guix build)’ Guile module.  So let's remove it.

Here is a correct version, but it requires to add more modules to
‘(use-modules …)’ because of ‘native-inputs’ and ‘inputs’ in:
(define-public xfce4-cpugraph-plugin
  (package
    (native-inputs …)
    (inputs …)))