dvorak

From: Divan Santana
Subject: dvorak
Date: Mon, 07 May 2018 22:45:00 +0200

Hi Guix,

There's been several mails and configs I've seen for dvorak
configuration.

Though, I can't seem to find any info or examples on how to configure
dvorak for grub. I have an encrypted boot and on boot up grub asks for
crypt passphrase as does the system on boot up.

While talking about luks, is it normal/best practice to have the
passphrase on start up ask twice?  Once for boot vol at grub, and once
for /root I suppose?

And how can one configure dvorak for the keymap early?

This Arch Wiki article[1] mentions how to do this for grub.

[1]:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GRUB/Tips_and_tricks#Manual_configuration_of_core_image_for_early_boot

For the console once booted up (console-keymap-service "dvorak") works.

For X, I'd like to configure it in .xsession on .xinitrc or the i3
config. I think that won't be a problem and have seen examples for that.
--
Divan