Re: Does Linux 4.16.1 blast out battery time? (9h+ -> 3h+)

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Does Linux 4.16.1 blast out battery time? (9h+ -> 3h+)
Date: Wed, 09 May 2018 09:20:19 +0200

Thanks for the tip! :)

> I can't advocate how to package or do this here (which is
> too bad),

Why not?  Is it non-free?  Custom kernel compilation is fine to discuss
on this mailing list if I'm not mistaken.  Only proprietary firmware
packaging isn't.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

> but for all things graphics related this will be suggested
> by upstream most certainly.
>

> 0: branch as in the repository, not linux repository itself. In case you
>    are unfamilar with linux development branching model.

Which repository?  Sorry, I didn't get this.

> 1: Variants of
> https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=i915%20intel_cpu_fifo_underrun_irq_handler&list_id=579081
>    and this is still going on.

Indeed, I've seen this issue many times on a couple of machines.

--
Pierre Neidhardt