unbounded variable from `FATAL: kernel too old` ?

From: zimoun
Subject: unbounded variable from `FATAL: kernel too old` ?
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 20:47:49 +0200

Hi,

I am installing the rnaseq Pigx pipeline from
https://github.com/BIMSBbioinfo/pigx/tree/master/pipelines/rnaseq

I miss something with the Guix installation.

`guix environment -l guix.scm` fails because of these unbounded variables:
 - fastqc
 - salmon
 - ghc-pandoc-1
 - ghc-pandoc-citeproc-with-pandoc-1

And `guix package -A fastqc' returns nothing but it is visible on the
Guix Packages webpage.
https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/packages/F/

Then, I have tried `guix pull`, which leads to:

building path(s) `/gnu/store/7mw3mxnb5py6g2q6qaqf5mbaqxwr0jz3-perl-5.26.1'
FATAL: kernel too old

I am not sure what does it mean ?

(`uname -r` is 3.0.80-0.7-default)

If needed, let me know if you need more information about my system.

Thank you for any insight.

All the best,
simon