GuixSD installation issues (missing commands and build errors)

From: nixd
Subject: GuixSD installation issues (missing commands and build errors)
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 00:48:41 +0200 (CEST)

I've encountered a problem with installing GuixSD 0.15 (from the latest ISO image (https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/guix/guixsd-install-0.15.0.x86_64-linux.iso.xz) burnt to a DVD). I followed the manual as well as I could.

The first, no-so-important issue is that I get an error message about some tools not beeing found by bash. These include mkfs.ext4, mkfs.fat, parted, cfdisk. These are the only ones I really used and noticed it on. This doesn't always happen. Whenever I reboot from the DVD again, the commands on which I get the error change. Sometimes for example mkfs.ext4 doesn't work, something else might work, you reboot and something else might break while mkfs.ext4 might work again, it seems completely random. You can workaround this by executing these tools directly from their directory (they are present!) such as going to e2fsprogs directory and manually executing mkfs.ext4.

However, the real problem for is this:

First of all, I partitioned and mounted as follows:
/dev/sda1 is the ESP (I use EFI), mounted to /mnt/boot/efi
/dev/sda2 is the main FS, label is "my-root" like in the manual, ext4, mounted to /mnt
/dev/sda3 is swap

I use the desktop.scm template as config.scm, minus the part for mapped devices and I replaced "my-root" with (file-system-label "my-root") because guix system init told me to do so., rest is left default.

On the first run of "guix system init /mnt/etc/config.scm /mnt" I get a huge error message, its too big to even see all of it (lists many many packages though). The end says that the "builder for /gnu/store/*-profile.drv failed with exit code 1"  and  that it "cannot build derivation "/gnu/store/*-system.drv: 1 dependencies couldn't be built". I am unsure which dependency could not be built.

When I run "guix system init /mnt/etc/config.scm /mnt" a second time I get 5 package collision warnings (for wayland-egl.pc, giomodule.cache, libwayland-egl.la, mimeinfo.cache, ifconfig), but it does get to the copying to /mnt stage.

I then, at some point in the copying to /mnt stage, get the following error:

"guix system: error: lstat: No such file or directory: " followed by a package directory

I've tried this several times and the packages I got the errors on so far were:
guile-ssh 2 or 3 times
fuse 2 or 3 times
guile 1 time

It seems random on which of these packages I get the error.

I can't make any sense of these problems, and if further information is needed I will of course provide it. Does anyone have an idea?