Re: Recommendations for browsing via Tor pre tor-browser?

From: Arun Isaac
Subject: Re: Recommendations for browsing via Tor pre tor-browser?
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 23:16:04 +0530

> What are you doing in the interim?  icecat with a set of extensions?

I run `tor' from the command line. It opens up a SOCKS proxy at port
9050. I set that proxy in Icecat and use it along with Private Browsing
mode. I use the extension "MM3-ProxySwitch" to make switching proxies
convenient. I use an old version of uMatrix to block javascript. When
last I checked (many months back), the latest version of uMatrix wasn't
working in our Icecat. I also use the extension "Self-Destructing
Cookies" to automatically cleanup cookies once I don't need them (after
I close the tab of a website).